Children's Ministry Intern
Sugar Land Baptist Church
Sugar Land Baptist Church in Sugar Land, Texas is looking for a Children's Ministry Intern for Summer 2019. The position is full time, 10 Weeks between May 20-August 9.
1. Spend 28 hours per week in the office to assist with daily childrens ministry planning and preparation. (9am-4pm on four weekdays with Thursday or Friday off as assigned). Assist with Childrens Ministry activities on Sunday mornings and at scheduled events.
2. Assist in leadership during Vacation Bible School (June 24-28), Sugar Land Kids Day Camp (July 15-18), and other events during the summer.
3. Assist in planning and attend other church ministries as needed.
4. Read and discuss with supervisor one book over the course of the summer. Books may be in the area of personal or spiritual development or philosophy of ministry to youth/families. The supervisor and the intern will choose the book.
5. Be present on selected Sunday mornings to assist in flow of Sunday morning schedule and teach in a classroom if necessary.
6. Lead in congregational worship on Sunday mornings if requested.
7. Any other responsibilities deemed necessary by SLBC Staff.
1. Creativity. Organization. Takes initiative.
2. Must be a college or graduate level young adult.
3. Persons considering and/or preparing for vocational student ministry are preferred.
4. Must pass Texas Criminal Background Check and abide by SLBC Personnel Policy & Procedure.
Compensation:$4000 for the summer