Brian C. Brewer, Ph.D.
Professor of Christian Theology
Ph.D., Drew University
M.Phil., Drew University
Th.M., Princeton Theological Seminary
M.Div., George W. Truett Theological Seminary
B.A., Baylor University
Reformation and Post-Reformation Christianity
History of Christian Worship
Theology of Martin Luther
Christian Texts & Traditions 2 (Historical Theology of the Reformation & Post-Reformation)
Studies in Historical Theology - Martin Luther
Studies in Historical Theology - Anabaptist Theology
Living the Kingdom: Ecclesiology & Worship (D.Min.)
- Martin Luther and the Seven Sacraments: A Contemporary Protestant Reappraisal (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic).
- A Pledge of Love: The Anabaptist Sacramental Theology of Balthasar Hubmaier (Milton Keynes, UK: Paternoster).
- The Reformation of Worship: How Early Protestants Renewed the Sunday Service (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic - in progress).
- Co-editor, Calvin and the Early Reformation (Leiden: Brill).
- Editor, Distinctly Baptist: Proclaiming Identity in a New Generation (Valley Forge, PA: Judson).
- Editor, T&T Clark Handbook of Anabaptism (London: Bloomsbury/T&T Clark - in progress).
About Dr. Brewer
A native of Tulsa, Oklahoma, Dr. Brewer was the first graduate of the George W. Truett Theological Seminary, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude. A seasoned pastor, Brewer served as senior pastor of Northminster Baptist Church in Jackson, Mississippi and as pastor of Spring Creek Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Additionally, he has served as interim pastor to churches throughout the region. Dr. Brewer is a member of the Doctrine and Unity Commission of the Baptist World Alliance. Previously, he was an adjunct professor of history at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, New Jersey. Upon joining the faculty at Truett Seminary, Brewer became the first alumnus of the institution to be elected as a professor. Brewer has contributed dozens of articles to such journals as Harvard Theological Review, Evangelical Quarterly, Mennonite Quarterly Review, and Perspectives in Religious Studies. Dr. Brewer continues to stay connected to local congregations as a preacher and conference speaker, recognizing both preaching and teaching as his Christian calling.
Brian Brewer Profile Photo
* Curriculum Vitae