Guardianship Education Program
Welcome to the online Guardianship education program: A Complete Guide to Guardianship, offered by the Garland School of Social Work and Friends for Life. The program consists of 11 individual courses and a number of packages geared toward various participants (see packages available below).
These courses, written by attorneys and guardianship professionals with years of experience, offer a comprehensive examination of the complex subject of adult guardianship. The courses provide information needed to understand the basics of being a good guardian from beginning to end, including the importance of considering alternatives to guardianship and monitoring for continued need.
Some of our courses include:
- What is Guardianship?
- How do I determine if Guardianship is the right choice?
- Minimum standards for Certified Guardians
- How does person-centered planning ensure the best quality of life?
- What happens when things change?
- What does a Guardian of the Person actually do?
- And so much more!
This program is great for...
- new and professional guardians
- social workers
- senior advocates
- health care providers
- attorneys and court staff
- school officials
- medical professionals
- family guardians
- and anyone who wants to learn more about Guardianship
Click the icons below for more information about what we offer.
- The JBCC has approved 16.5 Guardianship CEU credit hours for the Comprehensive package.
- The State Bar of Texas has approved 4.5 CLE credit hours for the Attorney package.
- LMSW/LPC CEUs are also available.
- Individual courses are available at $60 each.
- Package prices vary. Click on each package for prices.
- Opening specials are available through October 2020, and include:
- Buy 2, get 1 free for individual courses
- When nonprofits buy 2 comprehensive packages, they receive a 3rd for $50
Take advantage of these discounts by calling (254) 710-6440 and leaving a message or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the request.
A special thanks to our sponsors...
John Caldwell, Attorney at Law • Greg Shannon, Senior Concepts, Inc.