To earn educator certification in Texas or another state, candidates must complete certain steps at their institution and apply with the appropriate state agency.
To become certified in one of the Baylor educator preparation programs, a Baylor student must first be officially accepted into the program.
- In the School of Education program for undergraduates, this process typically occurs during the sophomore year, before the student may begin the Teaching Associate experience.
- For graduate students, different timelines apply to those seeking certifications, so please check with the Office of Professional Practice or the applicable graduate program director for guidance.
- Different timelines also apply to students in academic programs that are housed outside of the School of Education, so students should check with the appropriate program director.
The Office of Professional Practice in the School of Education handles the TEA educator certification process for all Baylor students.
Important Documents and Process Descriptions:
• Testing for Certification
• Completion Requirements for Certification
• Process for Application to Baylor Teacher Education Program (undergraduate)
• Process for Application to Baylor Superintendent Certification Program (EdD in K-12))
• Criminal History Evaluations
• Benefits and Waivers for Military Service Members