Baylor School of Education is committed to producing graduates who have impact in the educational fields that they choose to serve. Check HERE to see some of our award-winning alumni leaders.
More about the School of Education's programs can be found on the Texas Education Association website at this Consumer Information link.
Baylor’s field-based undergraduate teacher-education program produces graduates who become leaders in education, whether in classroom teaching or administrative roles.
100% of School of Education graduates have passed the Texas certification exams in
Prior to that, pass rates were 99 % in recent history.
For two years in a row (2016 & 2017), a School of Education graduate has received the Texas Student Teacher of the Year Award:
Baylor School of Education is the only university to be honored back-to-back by the National Association of Professional Development Schools (NAPDS) with the "Exemplary Professional Development School Achievement Award for its two partnerhships with local school districts. Baylor students conduct field work in Midway and Waco ISDs under the leadership of Baylor-trained mentor teachers with on-site supervision from Baylor SOE faculty, a Baylor University Liaison, and a school-based Site Coordinator.
2017 Exemplary Award with Midway ISD
2018 Exemplary Award with Waco ISD
The School of Education tracked teacher-education students who graduated in May or August 2017 and found that, by the end of August, 97.5 percent were employed or enrolled in graduate school. The other 2.5 percent chose to travel abroad, inspired by their participation in the SOE study-abroad program.
100% teaching job placement rate for:
Baylor Graduate School’s annual evaluation of the scholarly production of graduate students has consistently found that School of Education programs are highly productive.
Educational Psychology doctoral students consistently rank No. 1 in the University for the number of annual student publications per capita and ranked No. 3 for the highest Academic Analytics rankings for 2014.
Department of Curriculum & Instruction: Graduate programs have a 100% placement rate, as job placements or continuing graduate studies. Annually, 75% of C&I graduate students have published research or given research presentations.
School Psychology: For the past 10 years, 100% of Baylor's school psychology program graduates have passed the Praxis School Psychology national exam, which is a requirement for licensure/certification in all states. In addition, 100% of the school psychology students have successfully acquired a paid full-time internship.
Higher Education Studies & Leadership (HESL): 100 percent of HESL PhD students who have completed at least one year in the program have published research or given research presentations annually.
ABA Program: Graduate of the Applied Behavior Analysis programs have a 100% job placement rate within a month of graduate.
HESA Program: Our master’s in Higher Education & Student Affairs placed 100% of our students who graduated in May 2016. The HESA program also received a record number of applications.