Diploma Distribution for Current Graduates
Please note that diploma production and/or delivery may be delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will make every effort to keep this page up-to-date with the most current information. All posted information is subject to change.
When will diplomas be sent for the August 15, 2020 Graduation?
- Diplomas will be mailed on or before September 2nd from a facility in Virginia where they are produced. Any students who do not receive their diploma within four (4) to six (6) weeks should email Sandra_Groves@baylor.edu.
- The student will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Diploma Notification – DO NOT REPLY” the day the diploma is shipped.
- Students with mailing addresses in the United States can contact Sandra_Groves@baylor.edu once they receive the email to obtain a tracking number. This will allow students to register and receive notifications by email or text regarding their package.
- Any students who receive a damaged diploma should contact Sandra_Groves@baylor.edu.
Where will my diploma be sent?
- Diplomas are sent to each student's home address, as entered in BearWeb.
- All students should log into BearWeb to verify/update their home address information prior to graduation. Be sure to select the "student home" option (not "student local" or "residence").
- For international addresses, please see additional instructions below.
How will my diploma be sent?
- Diplomas will be sent via regular mail (USPS), unless you make alternative arrangements with us for your diploma to be shipped via UPS or FedEx.
- Diplomas will be shipped in a white 11.5” x 14.5” cardboard envelope.
- Diplomas ship directly from our printer in Virginia.
- Typical delivery times are 1-2 wk. for domestic delivery or 4-8 wk. for international delivery.
- Tracking will be available upon request if delivery appears delayed. Door-to-door tracking is not available for international orders shipped via USPS.
- After confirming your home address on BearWeb, we recommend contacting our office directly to clarify formatting for your international address. (BearWeb does not always allow correct formatting.) Just email us at email@example.com.
- International students who will remain in the U.S. long-term after graduation may need to update their permanent home address in BearWeb.
- International students who prefer to mail their diploma to a U.S. friend or family member instead of their home address should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to graduation.
- We are always happy to work with international students on a case-by-case basis to make certain their diplomas arrive safely to their preferred address.
Degree Conferral and Degree Verification
When will my degree be posted and available for verification?
- We expect all degrees to be posted within 5-10 business days of graduation.
- As soon as degrees are posted, the conferral date will be visible on the student’s “screen-optimized” unofficial transcript in BearWeb. (Note: they will usually NOT appear on the print-optimized unofficial in BearWeb, as that transcript does not update once the student graduates.)
- Once the student sees the degree conferral date on their unofficial transcript, they will know it is fine to order official final transcripts or degree verification letters as needed.
Diploma, Verification Letter, or Transcript?
- Diplomas are considered ceremonial documents and are not intended for degree verification purposes.
- To verify your degree, please request a Degree Verification Letter or an Official Transcript, both of which are free and available by mail or electronically.
- Internationally, the diploma is sometimes preferred by universities or employers for verification purposes. To authenticate your diploma as official proof of degree, you may need to go through the Apostille process with the Texas Secretary of State, depending on the requirements of the country where you plan to work or study.
Staff members at the Office of the Registrar are always available to answer your questions. Please call 254-710-1181 or email Registrar@baylor.edu for assistance.