Chapter 33 Application Process - Veterans or Active Duty

Using VA benefits for the first time:
Using VA benefits for the first time at Baylor University:
(If you previously used VA benefits at another school)
  • Complete the online Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Form (22-1995) if transferring to another institution and not changing benefits:
  • Submit a copy of Form 22-1995 and Certificate of Eligibility to the VA Benefits Office in the Office of the Registrar. If you are unable to find a Certificate of Eligibility, you may be able to take a screen shot of your remaining benefits here Post 9/11 GI Bill® Status. Please email a screen shot or print out of your ebenefits page to the VA Benefits Team .
  • Complete and provide a Request for Certification Form to the VA Benefits Office after you register for the semester.
  • Other documents to be provided to the VA Benefits Office:
    - Copies of all DD-214 forms may be requested at
    - Military Transcripts
    Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve, and Veteran
    Air Force
Helpful Baylor Links:

Frequently Asked Questions
Commonly used Terminology
To view a timeline of Baylor's VA Chapter 33 certification procedure click here.
To view information about obtaining your Baylor student account credit balance refund (if applicable) click here.