Yellow Ribbon Program
For the 2019-2020 academic year, Baylor University will participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Participation in the Yellow Ribbon program is optional and available on a first come, first serve basis to a limited number of eligible students:
To be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program:
- You must be approved by the VA to receive Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits at the 100% level. If your eligibility percentage is below 100%, you are NOT eligible to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- You must be accepted to the University.
- Deposit to the University is not required to apply.
- You must not be active duty or an active duty spouse.
- In order to apply you must have at least nine months of benefits. You must have entitlement left. (You will continue to use entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill® while participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program.)
- You must provide the VA Benefits Office with proof of transferred benefits from the Department of Defense or a VA issued Certificate of Eligibility showing VA benefits under Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® while attending Baylor University.
- You must be and remain in good academic standing with Baylor University. Baylor University is not required to continue making Yellow Ribbon contributions if a student is not making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) www.baylor.edu/sfs/sap.
- You can be receiving benefits under the John Fry Scholarship.
- For additional information: Yellow Ribbon.
To apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program for the 2019-2020 academic year, email the VA Benefits Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for application details. The application will open April 26, 2019.