Preparing For Your First Academic Advising Appointment
Step 1 – Sign Up for a Pre-Advising Workshop
On Monday, May 15, you will receive an email with information about scheduling this important Pre-Advising virtual workshop.
These group workshops will help you prepare for your academic advising appointment. Most of your actual academic advising appointment is dedicated to registration for the upcoming semester, therefore this workshop provides you with an opportunity to learn more about Baylor’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. Topics include:
- BSN Degree Plan: required courses
- Combining other education goals with the BSN (minors, double majors, etc.)
- Courses that must be taken in the first semester
- Having a productive advising appointment
- Understanding college basics (average course load, what is a “credit hour”, etc.)
- Next Steps
Pre-Advising Workshop must be completed before Academic Advising
Step 2 – Sign Up for Academic Advising (course registration) appointment
On Monday, May 22, you will receive an email with information about scheduling your advising appointment. Appointments will begin on Tuesday, May 30 and continue throughout June and July.
- Please consult the 2023-2024 BSN MAP for requirements and course planning.
- Plan to attend the Louise Herrington School of Nursing’s Academic Session during your on-campus orientation. These sessions will guide you through the Pre-Nursing major and provide more information about the LHSON. Consult your orientation schedule for the exact times and locations.
- If you have earned college credit through Advanced Placement (AP) courses, International Baccalaureate (IB) courses, Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment courses through another college or university, or any other method – please make sure that your scores or college transcript(s) have been sent to Baylor. This is very important for your first academic advising appointment.