Dates and Deadlines
Undergraduate and graduate (master's) prospective students will find important dates and deadlines on this page, including Audition Dates at the bottom. For questions regarding undergraduate music admissions, please contact Mary Sage, Admissions and Recruiting Coordinator; for questions regarding graduate music admissions, please contact Melinda Coats, Graduate Studies Administrative Assistant. Prospective doctoral students, visit the Center for Church Music Studies' site for information on Church PhD and DMA admissions.
Be sure to review the application process and deadlines for Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate Admissions, and Financial Aid.
Beginning August 1
Due February 1
- All incoming freshmen, transfer, and graduate music applications must be submitted via Acceptd.
MM Choral Conducting applicants
- January 1 is a priority deadline for MM Choral Conducting applicants. January 1, conducting faculty will begin reviewing MM Choral Conducting School of Music Applications. Based on the conducting videos (conducting an ensemble in rehearsal and performance) submitted via the School of Music Application, conducting faculty will extend invitations for auditions. After the auditions, a final selection of candidates will be made for admission and assistantships.
- Note: faculty do not begin reviewing MM Band Conducting and MM Orchestral Conducting applications until February 1.
All prospective freshman and transfer music majors, as well as graduate applicants with performance emphasis, are required to audition on their principal instrument for acceptance into the School of Music. The audition is the most important factor in determining whether a student will be accepted as a music major. Applicants can select their desired audition date (listed below) on the School of Music application. All audition dates are in-person unless noted otherwise.
- Friday, December 3, 2021* – organ, piano, and voice only
- Friday, January 14, 2022* – no piano, no organ, no trombone, no strings
- Saturday, January 15, 2022* – no organ, no trombone, no strings
- Friday, January 28, 2022* – no bassoon, no horn
- Saturday, January 29, 2022* – no bassoon, no horn, no percussion
- Friday, February 4, 2022 – no piano
- Saturday, February 19, 2022 (virtual option) – no voice, no organ
* Priority audition dates for scholarship consideration