Bachelor of Arts in Museum Studies
The undergraduate major in Museum Studies prepares students for careers in the museum profession, cultural organizations, and related non-profit institutions. The Bachelor of Arts in Museum Studies combines coursework in the field as well as a minor in a cognate field. Students who have declared the Museum Studies major may choose to apply to the joint BA/MA in Museum Studies.
- MST 1300 (3 hours)
- MST 4V60 (6 hours total)
- Students may complete one 6-credit hour internship or two 3-credit hour internships.
- Students must complete 120 to 150 hours of work at an approved site for each 3 hours of credit received.
- Twenty-seven hours of coursework selected from at least four of the five concentration areas.
- Education: MST 2303, 4331, TED 4V98
- Collections: MST 3304, 4305, 4324
- Curation: MST 4307, 4308, 4309
- Administration: MST 4301, 4313
- Research: MST 3V9R, 4V9R
- A minor in a cognate field in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- A grade of “C” or better in courses used for the major.
A minimum of nine hours at the “3000” and “4000” level is required.