Year One Goals
Year One Goals and Priorities
Baylor University Libraries
Reduce the Libraries' Print Footprint
- Withdraw 1% Moody and Jones collections, including Government Documents.
- Reduce print subscriptions and continue the transition from print to electronic materials.
- Reduce the number of print purchase approvals in favor of electronic sourcing.
- Inventory and assess the materials housed in the O’Grady offsite storage.
Expand the Libraries' Black Gospel Archive
- Complete the digitization of the Marovich LPs.
- Finalize the agreement for the Opal Nations Black Gospel Music Collection.
- Acquire the Black Gospel Discography.
- Finalize the membership of the Baylor Libraries' Black Gospel Archive Board.
Extend Experiential Learning Resources and Opportunities
- Finalize designs and begin construction on a professional video studio and implement staffing plan for studio operations.
- Research and visit experiential learning spaces and teams at other institutions to inform future directions and development of our spaces and resources.
- Develop and conduct community-building events that highlight and enable the range of experiential learning opportunities available through the Libraries.
- Work with faculty to connect experiential learning opportunities and creative assignments with student learning objectives.
Enhance Teaching and Learning
- Establish partnerships between the special libraries and collections, the Learning Design Team, and the ATL to support the continued growth and quality of Baylor’s online programs and undergraduate instruction.
- Continue to develop the special collections Teaching Fellows Program by promoting the opportunity to work with the Learning Design team to incorporate special collections into online courses.
Perform an ADA Review of Library Facilities
- Work with Risk Management, Facilities, and external auditors to assess the accessibility of all of our library facilities.