Baylor Libraries Summer Internship Programs
Make a Difference during Summer 2023 by serving as an intern with the Baylor University Libraries!
Are you a graduate or undergraduate student in English, museum studies, marketing, public relations, journalism, political science, history, religion, education, art, Russian, film & digital media, Slavic and East European Studies, or a related field, or do you have a strong interdisciplinary background? Think about a summer internship with the Baylor University Libraries working on unique projects with the Moody and Jones librarians or in one of our special collections. Improve your skills and your future marketability!
Graduate student summer interns receive up to $4,500 working 30 hours per week over about a 10-week period while undergraduate students receive up to $3,000.
The following internship opportunities are available for Summer 2023 and are available to current or admitted Baylor graduate or undergraduate students only:
- Dowdy Family Endowed Internship (W. R. Poage Legislative Library)
- D. M. Edwards Endowed Internship (Joint: The Texas Collection and Institute for Oral History)
- D.M. Edwards Endowed Internship (The Texas Collection)
- Armstrong Browning Library Endowed Internship (Joint: Armstrong Browning Library and Digitization and Digital Collection Preservation Services)
- Nancy Newman Logan Endowed Internship (Keston Center for Religion, Politics, and Society)
- Sue Margaret Hughes Endowed Internship (Marketing and Communications)
- Dunlap Endowed Internship (Institute for Oral History)
Please note that your application is made to the internship program as a whole. You may preference one or more of the opportunities listed above in your application, but during the deliberation process, your unique education and skill set may be more fitting for a different opportunity.
To apply, provide the following items:
- A statement not exceeding 500 words explaining how an internship fits the applicant's educational program and career goals;
- Current resume; and
- *A letter of recommendation from a major professor.
The application deadline is April 11, 2023. Applications should be e-mailed to Janell Wellbaum at Janell_Wellbaum@baylor.edu or mailed to this address:
Summer Internship Program
Baylor University Libraries
One Bear Place #97148
Waco, Texas 76798-7148
*If the internship is to meet curriculum requirements, the letter of recommendation must be from the head of the program in which the applicant is enrolled. The letter should clearly state the program's internship obligations, including the number of hours required to successfully complete the internship.