Spring 2022 Office Hours
T/R from 12:45–2:15 and by appointment.
Dr. T. Michael Parrish
My research focuses upon Catholic print culture in the nineteenth-century American South and seeks to recover the importance of this region to American Catholicism before the Civil War. By integrating scholarship on the American South with the historiography of American Catholicism, my dissertation sheds new light on how Catholics became Americans and recovers what American freedom meant to Southern Catholics.
- M.A. in History, Baylor University
- B.A. in History and German, Hillsdale College
- Summer Dissertation Fellowship, Baylor University, 2021
- Summer Research and Writing Grant, American Catholic Historical Association, 2020
- Research Travel Grant, Cushwa Center for the Study of American Catholicism, Notre Dame, 2020
- Guittard Fellowship, Baylor University, 2017-2018
- Guittard Fellowship, Baylor University, 2015-2016
- Charles O. Lee, Jr. and Louise K. Lee Charitable Foundation Scholarship in History, 2013-2015
David Roach CV