Bringing Credit to Baylor

Baylor University accepts dual credit (if completed while in high school) and transfer credits from regionally accredited and foreign institutions.

  • To receive credit for a course, a student must earn a C or higher and Baylor must have an equivalent course. Credit will be given for these courses, but it will not apply to the Baylor GPA.
  • During this uncertain time, we understand that several institutions have moved to a pass/fail grading system. Therefore, classes taken in Spring 2020 that receive a "Pass" will be evaluated.
  • All coursework taken at another college is evaluated for equivalent transfer credits. This means that a course is evaluated based upon whether it will transfer to Baylor or not. It does not take into consideration if a course applies to a specific degree plan.
  • Some Texas colleges and universities participate in the Texas Common Course Numbering system (TCCNS). These courses are referenced in the Baylor Undergraduate Catalog.
  • To determine if the equivalent course applies to a specific degree requirement, refer to the Undergraduate Catalog or to the appropriate college or school. This is the student's responsibility.