Planning for a Campus Visit
When you come visit campus we want you to get all your questions answered, but more than that we want you to experience what life at Baylor is all about. Sure you can learn all the facts about a school by looking online, but we believe that a big part of what's going to help you make your college decision is setting foot on campuses and really getting a feel for what life is like at all the schools you're considering.
Below is a list of things we'd encourage you to check out before you come visit and also a list of things we're sure you won't want to miss when you're here.
As you're looking through our website it's also a great idea to make a list of questions that you have about Baylor so that you can remember what to ask when you come visit.
- Check out the list of 144 majors offered at Baylor to find out if we offer something in the field you're wanting to pursue. Keep in mind that different schools have different names for some of the same majors, so don't get worried if you don't see the name of the major you're hoping to study. Give us a call if you don't see what you're looking for. Learn more about programs we offer by visiting their websites.
- Decide what type of visit is best for you and schedule your visit and and program appointments.
- Look on our website to find out who the Baylor admissions counselor is for your area. Feel free to email or call them even if you haven't met them yet. They are all happy to help answer any questions you may have.
- Browse the financial aid opportunities and write down any questions you have.
- Learn about the different types of admissions applications and the admissions deadlines associated with those applications. You don't want to come visit campus and fall in love with Baylor after all our deadlines have passed!
- Ask student tour guides for suggestions of fun things to do on campus and in Waco.
- Eat at a residential restaurant. We have four residential restaurants on campus as well as a variety of retail dining options. Check them out at baylor.edu/dining.
- Talk to current students - ask about their favorite Baylor experiences and why they chose Baylor.
- Ask yourself: Is this a place I could see myself spending the next four years of my life?
- After your tour, spend some time walking around campus to get a feel for "normal" campus life.
- Talk with faculty in the academic areas you're considering. Discuss any academic questions or concerns you may have with them.
- Visit Joy and Lady, our North American black bear mascots. Joy and Lady are sisters who have been at Baylor since they were four months old. Learn more about them at baylor.edu/bear.