The 60-hour Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (MACM) degree is designed to equip persons for competent leadership in some form of specialized ministry in congregations and other settings.
The MACM degree at George W. Truett Theological Seminary provides a basic foundation of study in biblical and theological disciplines, while also preparing students for ministry within and alongside the church. The degree consists of a minimum of 60 hours and normally requires at least two years of full-time study to complete.
To enable students to:
- Develop an informed approach to the history, literature, and theology of the Old and New Testaments, recognizing the importance of Scripture for life and faith.
- Understand the rich texture of the church's historic and confessional witness to the Gospel.
- Articulate the concepts and practices associated with effective ministry in the 21st century.
- Contextualize biblical, theological, and practical knowledge in a ministerial setting
- Nurture personal and communal spiritual formation as a foundation for a life of ministry
- Foster a commitment to lifelong learning through involvement in educative events outside the classroom proper.
|I. Minimum Requirements
|II. Grade Point Average
Minimum of 2.0 or "C" overall overall in coursework
|III. Course Requirements
- THEO 7340 Introduction to Christian Scriptures
- THEO 7343 Introduction to Christian History
- THEO 7345 Introduction to Christian Theology
- THEO 7370 Christian Scriptures 1
- THEO 7372 Christian Scriptures 2
- THEO 7371 Christian Scriptures 3
- THEO 7373 Christian Scriptures 4
|Christian Texts and Traditions
- THEO 7360 Christian Texts and Traditions 1
- THEO 7361 Christian Texts and Traditions 2
- THEO 7362 Christian Texts and Traditions 3
- THEO 7396 The Baptist Identity
- THEO 7382 Constructive Theology
|IV. Concentration - Congregational Ministry
- LEAD 7301 Leadership for Ministry
- MSSN 7385 Christian World Mission
- PRCH 7316 Preaching 1
- Any course with a CRED, LEAD, MSSN, PRCH, PRTH, and PTSM prefix.
- THEO 7316 and 7317 may also be counted as an elective.
|Mentoring - MENT 7V00
|V. Satisfactory Completion of 132 Lifelong Learning Units
|VI. Covenant Groups - 4 Semesters
|VII. Satisfactory Academic Progress