If you have any problems with these procedures, please do not reply to this email, but feel free to call the Baylor Registration Help Line at 254-710-1814 or Truett Seminary Office of Student Services at 254-710-6072. We want to help you get off to a great start at Truett!
As an incoming Baylor Bear, a Bear ID has already been created just for you! Your Bear ID and password are the keys to your Baylor email account and to accessing many campus electronic resources.
A second item of importance is your Baylor ID number. This nine digit number will be printed and encoded on your ID card which you will get when you come to campus. You will use this number to access BearWeb, the Web-based way to register for classes; check your schedule, bill and financial aid; update personal information; etc. You can look up your unique number by clicking here.
Finally, you must also have a PIN (personal identification number) in order to use BearWeb. Your PIN is initially set to a random number that you cannot see. Therefore, you must set your PIN to something that you will know and remember.
Follow the instructions below to activate your Bear ID and set your PIN.
THESE ITEMS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOU CAN REGISTER FOR CLASSES!
**When registering online, you must update any missing personal information (gender, ethnicity, marital status, religion) before the system will let you register.
Activate your Bear ID and set your password.
1. On your Web browser, go to this location: http://www.baylor.edu/activatebearid.
2. In order to verify your identity, you will be prompted to enter your last name (upper/lower case does matter), date of birth, and Baylor ID number in the appropriate boxes and click the Next button. (If you do not know your Baylor ID number, you can look it up by clicking here.)
3. Then (after a couple of minutes) a page will display that shows you the Baylor information systems usage policies.
4. You should review these policies and click on the "I have read and agree with this policy" link at the bottom of the page.
5. At this point, you will be asked to enter a security question, the answer to that question, and a password to secure your account. Follow the directions regarding choosing an appropriate password, enter your password twice, and click the Next button. (NOTE: The password you choose will be case-sensitive.)
6. Your Baylor Bear ID and email address will then be displayed, and you will get verification that your Bear ID and password have been activated.
Set your PIN
On your Web browser, go to this location: http://bearweb.baylor.edu. Select Set/Reset PIN. You will be prompted to enter you Bear ID and password. After this is entered successfully, you will be presented with a page where you can enter six characters in an input box. Instructions about how the PIN must be structured are also presented. Click the “Submit” button to complete the update. A new page will show you that your PIN has been updated.
After you have set your PIN, you can access BearWeb at http://bearweb.baylor.edu.
Use your Baylor ID number as your User ID for BearWeb and your PIN will be the value you just set above.