- Spouse, Relative, Guest
- Personal/Business Travel
- Sponsored Project
- Summer Foreign Study
- Independent Contractors
- Tax Considerations
- Authorized Approvers
- Fares, Parking & Tips
- Telephone/Misc Expenses
- Entertainment Expenses
- Lost or Destroyed Receipt
- Travel Mileage Table
- Vehicle Rentals in Texas
- Travel Card
- Research Grants/Contracts
- Approval Checklist
- Spouse Travel
- Forms & Instructions
- Travel Agencies
- Group Travel
Accounts Payable Office:
- Submit written travel request estimate to Department Head for approval. See Travel Authorization Form (TAF).
- Airfare may be purchased with a University travel and entertainment card or personal credit card. Submit reimbursement request on an ER.
Individual airfare may be purchased directly through the University by submission of a Travel Agency Authorization Form to one of the contracted travel agencies.
- If a cash advance is needed for student group or athletic team travel, initiate a requisition that includes the following:
(1) Name of traveler
(2) Purpose of and justification for trip
(4) Inclusive trip dates
(5) Mode of transportation
(6) Amount of advance requested for estimated cost of reimbursable travel expenses
(7) Department name and ID number
Business related cash needed for individual travel may be obtained through a University travel and entertainment card cash withdrawal.
- If travel arrangements such as transportation or lodging are needed for student group or athletic team travel, initiate a requisition. Include items 1-4, and 7 in c. above.
- Submit requisition(s) to Department Head for approval.
- Review written travel request estimate and notify traveler of approval (disapproval).
- Review requisition(s)/Travel Agency Authorization Form for appropriateness, availability of funds and compliance with University travel and entertainment policy and procedures.
- Sign/date requisition(s)/Travel Agency Authorization Form when approving.
- Approve edit- and budget-checked requisition(s) online, or return disapproved requisition(s) copy to traveler with explanation. NOTE: Requisitions do not electronically route to Purchasing until edit checked, budget checked, and approved.
- Review requisitions for policy compliance, then create a purchase order.
- If applicable, submit purchase order to appropriate travel agency for authorization to release tickets.
Accounts Payable Office:
- Issue check for amount of approved travel expenditure.
- Provide traveler with hotel/motel tax exemption certificate.