Are you interested in giving back to your community for a year?
If so, the Texas Hunger Initiative and Texas Impact are looking to fill full-time, yearlong AmeriCorps VISTA positions!
What you would do...
By becoming an AmeriCorps VISTA Community Partner Recruitment Initiative (CPRI) Outreach Coordinator you will...
- spearhead an innovative project that assists Texans living in poverty access social services;
- recruit and support faith and community-based organizations joining the statewide Community Partner Program;
- assist Community Partner organizations in implementing volunteer programs; and
- help them educate the community on ways to help local families and individuals facing hardships.
Why you should apply...
By becoming an AmeriCorps VISTA CPRI Outreach Coordinator you will...
- gain professional development, work and nonprofit experience;
- learn about community organizing and community outreach;
- get one year non-competitive status for a US federal government position;
- be a part of creating a universal model to end hunger in Texas;
- earn an Education award (for federal loans) or End-of-Service stipend; and
- join a network of over 180,000 AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers and alums.
How you can apply...
- Visit www.americorps.gov, and on the right side of the screen click "Advanced Search" (it’s in small blue print under the "Find Opportunities Now" button).
- For "Program Type" choose "AmeriCorps VISTA," for "State" choose "TEXAS" and for "Program Name" type in "CPRI." Then click the red "Search" button.
- You’ll then see a list of all the positions we have open in which regions! Click on a specific position and then click the red "Apply Now!" button.
- You’ll then be directed to create a profile and begin your application!
If you have any questions, click here
to find contact information for the regional director for the area you’re interested in or email firstname.lastname@example.org