The Texas Hunger Initiative partners with Hunger Free America to place Summer Associates in our regional offices across Texas. Summer Associates work to provide meals to kids and teens that may not have consistent access to nutritious food while not in school. This work is done by supporting the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). Associates will assist in the administration, implementation, access, and quality of the SFSP, as well as collaborate with partner agencies--including community and faith-based organizations as well as local social service agencies--to host USDA program awareness sessions, provide support to organizations assisting low-income community members in accessing benefits, improve awareness of nutritious food through farmers’ markets and community gardens, and/or expand nutrition education offerings by creating materials and/or conducting trainings.
Summer Associates must be at least 18 years old.
Click here to apply or email your local THI office for more information.
Community Partner Recruitment Initiative (CPRI) Outreach Coordinator
- spearheads an innovative project that assists Texans living in poverty access social services;
- recruits and supports faith and community-based organizations joining the statewide Community Partner Program;
- assists Community Partner organizations in implementing volunteer programs; and
- helps them educate the community on ways to help local families and individuals facing hardships.
By becoming an AmeriCorps VISTA CPRI Outreach Coordinator you will...
- gain professional development, work and nonprofit experience;
- learn about community organizing and community outreach;
- get one year non-competitive status for a US federal government position;
- be a part of creating a universal model to end hunger in Texas;
- earn an Education award (for federal loans) or End-of-Service stipend; and
- join a network of over 180,000 AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers and alums.
How you can apply...
Follow the links below to apply to the region(s) of your choice:
Amarillo, Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston, Lubbock, San Angelo, San Antonio, Tyler, Waco
If you have any questions, click here
to find contact information for the regional director for the area you’re interested in or email firstname.lastname@example.org