Academic Referral SystemUse of this online tool is restricted to Baylor faculty and staff. If you are not a faculty/staff member at Baylor University and you have an academic concern about a student, please call Ronald English (254) 710-8986.
Welcome to the online Academic Referral System. Thank you for your investment in the students' success here at Baylor University in this rigorous academic environment.
When to refer students?
As soon as there is a concern! Academic intervention early in the semester allows time and opportunity for students to reverse patterns of inadequate academic performance. The program enhances student success by providing academic services/resources to students about whom faculty have academic concerns. Academic success will compliment the classroom environment and increase retention of students.
When to use the system?
Faculty members are encouraged to refer students early in the semester who exhibit academic, social, or emotional difficulties. Students should be referred for any of the following reasons:
- Excessive absences within the first four weeks of the semester (two or three absences)
- Stop attending class
- Fail (or miss) an exam
- Fail to turn in assignments
- No response to professor�s expressed concerns
- Display signs of needing counseling or advice
- Ask where to receive academic assistance
How to refer students
If you have identified a student that needs to be referred due to academic concerns, making a referral is easy. The following two links are very helpful tools for anyone who desires to make a referral (screenshots included):
- Using the Academic Referral System
- Screenshots for reporting Academic Warnings
- Accessing Academic Referral system