Information for Your Time Abroad
There are few things you should remember while you're abroad. Please see the items listed below:
- Remember to send us your contact information via email as soon as you arrive at your host university. Please send your address, new cell phone number, and any other information that has changed from the information you put on your Study Abroad Application Packet.
- This step is VERY important - if you ADD or DROP a class while abroad, you MUST notify our office as soon as possible via email. If are adding a class and have not had the course approved, you will need to contact the department chair of the course to have the course approved. Also, if you drop a class, make sure that it does not put you below full-time student status.
- Make sure to send us links to your online blogs or photo albums to keep us up to date with what you have going on abroad. Our office loves to keep up with your travels and adventures.
- If you are studying abroad for a semester, you will be registering for the next semester's classes at Baylor abroad. You will need to contact your academic advisor to have all of your flags removed before you will be able to register. Note that study abroad participants are able to register on the FIRST DAY of undergraduate registration.
- Don't forget about the Study Abroad Photo Contest. Keep your eyes peeled for good pictures you take abroad that you can submit for the Photo Contest.
Please send all contact information and course changes (if applicable) to StudyAbroad@baylor.edu