Gameday Parking Impact on CampusAug. 18, 2014
The opening of McLane Stadium is an historic event for Baylor University, and it will require some modifications in the parking routines of all faculty, staff and students. With McLane Stadium, our students will have the opportunity to walk from their residences, on or off campus, to football games for the first time in more than 70 years. All campus parking is within a 25 minute walk of McLane Stadium — within the industry standard for event parking.
Preparation for gameday will include parking lot closures and vehicle relocations starting on the Friday prior to every home game as well as accommodations for student parking and transportation elsewhere on campus.
- On gameday, interior campus roads will close FOUR hours prior to kick off. If you are on campus earlier than this, you can park in one of the interior lots and remain through the game.
- On gameday, University Parks Drive will close FOUR hours prior to kick off. University Parks will remain closed until pedestrians are safely out of the stadium area after the game.
- Street closures include:
- University Parks (Law School/Dutton Garage to Bagby Ave)
- 3rd Street (Dutton Ave to Bagby Ave)
- 4th Street (Dutton Ave to Speight Ave)
- 7th Street (MP Daniel to James Ave)
- Speight Ave (4th St to 8th St)
- Baylor Ave (7th St to 8th St)
- The northbound exit on I-35 for 4th-5th St.
- The southbound exit on I-35 for Martin Luther King Blvd.
The following lots will be reserved for credentialed game parking and will close at 5:30 p.m. the night before the game (these lots will close on Friday evening for the Aug 31 game). Any car remaining in a closed lot after the closure time is subject to citation and towing.
- Law School (This lot will close at 2 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 30, ONLY)
- Dutton Garage
- Ferrell Center
- Speight Garage (faculty/staff location)
- Robinson Tower
- Mayborn Museum Complex
- McLane Stadium
Faculty/Staff and Visitor parking in the East Campus Parking Garage and the interior of campus will be available to students after 3 p.m. each Friday of a home football weekend. On these Fridays, a free shuttle will operate from the East Campus Garage to key areas on campus (including Moody and North Village) every 10 minutes from 6 p.m. until 2 a.m.
Several buildings on campus which house retail dining services will be open and available for campus guests, among these are the Bill Daniel Student Center, Baylor Sciences Building, Moody Library and East Village Commons. All other buildings will be closed to public access.
Other parking accommodations:
- Shuttles will be running before, during and after the game:
- The city will run six shuttles from Fifth Street and Austin Avenue
- Baylor will run nine shuttles from the BRIC (event staff and ADA parking), Ferrell and Speight garage. The Ferrell and Speight shuttles will drop off fans at the beginning of the "I Believe Walkway" on University Parks Drive. These shuttles will begin 3 hours prior to kickoff and stop at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Shuttles will resume at the start of the 4th quarter.
- Guests with valid ADA credentials can park for $20 and take the ADA shuttle from BRIC. Drop off is front door of the stadium.
- Other ADA parking is available to donors in reserved lots — Ferrell, Law School
- Bike parking will be available in an area near North Village. No bikes or motorized vehicles will be allowed on the Umphrey Pedestrian Bridge.
- Fans who don’t have reserved parking or who don’t arrive more than FOUR hours ahead to park in interior campus lots will be directed to other alternative parking locations — such as downtown. No single game reserved parking passes will be sold.
- An interactive parking website has been designed to guide fans to their pre-purchased parking location in the most time-efficient manner. This system takes into consideration I-35 construction, gameday road closures and corridor capacity that are not available and/or used by other mapping websites or GPS systems. The parking information site may be accessed via www.baylorbears.com/gameday or the Baylor In-Game App.
For more information, contact Parking and Transportation Services at 254-710-7275.
Campus Tailgating Services Available Through Baylor Institutional Events
For departments that wish to host a tailgate on game days, a reserved area can be arranged by submitting a request to Baylor Institutional Events at www.baylor.edu/events or by calling 710-4105.
The location is off of 3rd Street across from the new Business School and has ample trees and green space. Due to parking constraints and the closure of campus streets, it will be necessary for tailgating guests to be able to walk to the site without having to haul food or equipment.
In order to manage this, all food arrangements will be handled exclusively by Baylor Catering and coordinated with Baylor Institutional Events. All table, chair, and tent rentals will be ordered through Baylor Institutional Events. Unless guests arrive on campus prior to street closures FOUR hours before kickoff, no parking on interior lots will be available. Tailgating guests will need to find parking at the various public lots around campus.