What is Z-Hope?
Z-HOPE has six primary objectives. The primary objectives are:
To provide culturally appropriate informational activities according to the Z-HOPE program format
- To foster collaborative partnerships between community organizations with shared goals
- To promote the opportunities for expansion in Stork's Nest programs
- To facilitate community service and mentorship opportunities for members of the organization
- To provide an equitable chapter recognition program for community services rendered
- To provide a standard reporting format to concentrate efforts and demonstrate the organization's impact
What are some representative Z-HOPE programs?
Z-HOPE contains programs and activities as varied as the people benefiting from them. The Z-HOPE approach to program implementation enables chapters to narrowly target specific programs based on population to achieve maximum impact. A small sampling of Z-HOPE program elements:
- Z-HOPE for Women addresses depression, domestic violence, responsible sexual behavior, money management, eating disorders, addictive behavior and nutrition.
- Z-HOPE for Youth includes physical activity, reading book clubs, goal setting, career planning, and crime prevention.
- Z-HOPE for Seniors addresses literacy, personal safety, chronic illness, deferred giving and advocacy-care givers activities.
- Z-HOPE for Men focuses in part on prostate cancer, cardiovascular disease, parenting skills, and domestic violence.
- Z-HOPE for International Women includes supporting women's and family groups, providing financial aid and other resources and empowering them to identify and implement solutions to problems in their communities.
For More Information about Z-HOPE visit the Zeta Phi Beta International Website