Temporary Disability Shuttle Service]
*Please use a suggested web browser such as Firefox or Safari (Mac compatible) to complete this form
Student Activities is committed to the service of our students. However, should unforeseen circumstances arise or adverse weather conditions occur, the office will not be held liable for tardiness.
Phone (254) 710-2371/Fax (254) 710-2622
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (during class sessions)
Guidelines of Service
- The purpose of this service is to provide temporary emergency transportation for students with temporary disabilities, due to injury, to and from classes. This service is available for students living on campus only.
- Student service requests will be honored in two week periods and are not renewable. Please note that it will be the student's responsibility to secure more permanent transportation arrangement after that period. This service is only meant to serve as a temporary aid for students with disabilities, not as a permanent transportation solution. All students are encouraged to talk to their CLs or University Ministries to work out a more long term solution.
- Pick-up begins at 7:45 a.m. for all classes beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Monday through Friday. Final pick-ups for the day will be at 4:30 p.m.
- All students must be able to provide proper documentation of their temporary disability from a physician or the Baylor Health Center.
- All student patrons must provide current contact information and class schedules. Students must also notify the office by 8:00 a.m. should any changes in schedule occur over the course of service (i.e. class cancellations, intent to miss class, illness, etc.). Failure to do so or missing a scheduled pickup time will result in the student's loss of services for the day.
- The shuttle can be coordinated to service the schedules of three students simultaneously. Should more than three students submit requests for service at any given time, service will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. Thereafter, students will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which the requests are received. Those on the waiting list will be contacted when the service is available to commence.
- The shuttle does not run during weekends, official study days, reading/study days, or final exams.