Stacy Riddle Fourm Policies]
[CONTACT, MAILING, & DELIVERY INFORMATION]
Physical Address (Deliveries only, i.e. furniture and pizzas, not packages)
The Stacy Riddle Forum
Attn: (chapter/individual name)
825 Baylor Ave.
Waco, TX 76798
Mailing Address (Forum only; chapters maintain P.O. Boxes in Student Activities)
The Stacy Riddle Forum
c/o Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum
One Bear Place # 97074
Waco, TX 76798-7074
- Stacy Riddle Forum Main Phone Number and Menu: (254) 710-7800
- Office, Panhellenic Council: (254) 710-7111
- Fax, Panhellenic Council: (254) 710-7301
- Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum: (254) 710-6941
- Information Commons (SRF): (254) 710-7605
Official Email: [email protected]
- Each chapter must submit a monthly calendar and a weekly updated calendar of any and all events being held in the chapter suite to the Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum. Any last minute changes may be reported by calling the Coordinator or by email.
- Submitting this information is IN ADDITION to registering ALL activities with Student Activities, as has always been the customary policy
- Each chapter is allowed 2 overnight events in their chapter suite per semester. Any overnight activities planned must be communicated to the Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum for safety and scheduling purposes.
Male Visitors and Guests
Male visitors and guests are not allowed in the chapter suites at any time with the exception of the following:
- Chapters may plan events involving males (i.e. social gatherings, Parent's Weekend events, etc) but must notify the Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum prior to the event for safety and scheduling purposes.
- Male visitors may give announcements, etc during regular chapter or new member meetings.
- If any chapter suite is found with a male visitor during inappropriate times (i.e. not during an event registered with the Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum), the individual with the guest may get a written warning and the chapter will be notified, the chapter may receive a written warning and/or fine, or the individual and/or chapter may be referred to the Department of Judicial Affairs. Consequences for breaking this rule will be at the discretion of the Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum, the Coordinator of Greek Life, and the Associate Dean of Judicial Affairs if the case is referred to that department.
[BUILDING HOURS]Regular Hours
- During the regular school year, the Stacy Riddle Forum's main doors will be open from 7am-11pm on Monday through Saturday and 1pm-11pm on Sunday. Sorority members are allowed in the building until 1am on all nights of the week, but they will not be able to enter the building without swiping their ID cards at the front entrance after 11pm. Housekeeping services will be responsible for locking the outer doors during closed hours. Swipe cards will not allow anyone into the building during the closed hours.
- Any chapter members or visitors found in the building during closed hours (without prior permission of the Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum) may get a written warning and the chapter will be notified, the chapter may receive a written warning and/or fine, or the individual and/or chapter may be referred to the Department of Judicial Affairs. Consequences for breaking this rule will be at the discretion of the Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum, the Coordinator of Greek Life, and the Associate Dean of Judicial Affairs if the case is referred to that department.
- During Fall Parties, Formal Recruitment, and other event periods to be determined the Stacy Riddle Forum will have extended hours, which are to be announced.
[STACY RIDDLE FORUM FACILITIES]These rules pertain to Baylor and Panhellenic groups only. Any outside requests for Facility usage (i.e. weddings) must be made through the Stacy Riddle Forum Coordinator and subject to the Stacy Riddle Forum Facility Guidelines (see Coordinator for more information). Outside facility usage will be limited to the public areas only; chapter suite usage is completely determined by the individual groups, and usage is not frequently granted.
All Rooms/Main Facility
- The Stacy Riddle Forum is a smoke-free facility.
- No doors on the outside of the building may at any time be propped open for any reason. Any chapter or organization caught doing this may receive a warning from the Coordinator and/or a fine to be determined.
- No one is allowed to sit on or climb over the railing of the balcony at any time. Any person caught doing this may receive a warning or be referred to the Department of Judicial Affairs.
- No glitter will be used.
- No painting will be done on any floor in the building. This includes within the sorority suites and the stairwells.
- No red drinks (i.e. Big Red, fruit punch) are allowed in any public areas. It is suggested that chapters use caution before allowing these in their suites.
- No space heaters may be used in any room. Curling irons and other heating appliances (i.e. popcorn machines, glue guns, etc.) may only be used in rooms with tile flooring (i.e. kitchens or bathrooms).
- No open flame candles are allowed anywhere in the facility.
The Chapel (including the Prayer Room)
- All events must be scheduled with the Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Eligibility of a group to hold events in the Chapel:Currently registered organizations on campus (i.e. student organizations registered with student activities for the current semester) are all eligible to hold events in the chapel.
- No organization (with the exception of the Panhellenic Council and Panhellenic Groups) may hold more than 5 meetings per semester in the chapel.
- No deposit will be required for events in the chapel for an organization's first use. If there are any problems that result from an organization's use of the chapel, a deposit may be required for any following events held in the chapel in addition to the organization being charged for any damages caused by their event. The organization may also be denied further events in the chapel. Any deposits charged will be determined by the Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum on a case-by-case basis.
Events held in the Chapel
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Chapel. If approved by the Coordinator of the Stacy Riddle Forum, drinks and small snacks only may be allowed in the main hallway outside of the Chapel.
- Open flames are not permitted anywhere in the Stacy Riddle Forum. Any exceptions made to this rule will be on a case by case basis by the Baylor office of Risk Management, and will likely only occur for weddings, etc.
The Information Commons
The Information Commons in the Stacy Riddle Forum is staffed by student assistants hired by Student Activities. The operation and upkeep of computers and laptops is the responsibility of Baylor ITS and questions regarding computers, software and equipment should be directed toward their office.
Hours for the Information Commons as of 8/26/09 are:
Sunday: 1p - 10p
M-R: 11a - 10p
Friday: 11a - 5:00p
Saturday: 1p - 5p
The Information Commons in the Stacy Riddle Forum will be closed for Spring Break, Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, and the summer months (study room will be open). It will open early in January in time for formal Recruitment.
Created January, 2003