2013-2014 Steering Committee
In order to better focus and meet the needs of the university, Student Foundation members are divided into three committees:
Campus Promotions directs its efforts toward developing leadership and involvement on
Baylor's campus. The committee organizes and directs Freshmen Follies and the exciting 13.1
mile half-marathon, the Bearathon , and Fall Festival.
These events not only reunite Baylor alumni, current students and friends of the University, but also exemplify Student Foundation's mission to serve students and raise scholarship funds.
- In 2013, there were nearly 2,600 registrants for the 11th annual Bearathon, and the event raised $110,000 for student scholarships.
- The committee plans and hosts various events including Freshman Follies and a Homecoming reception at the Ed Crenshaw Student Foundation Center following the parade.
- The Campus Promotions Committee works to uphold strong morale and enthusiasm within the Foundation.
- The committee uses visual publicity such as billboards, banners, flyers, slide shows and chalking to promote Student Foundation activities.
Maintaining relationships with alumni is a vital area of service encompassed by Student Foundation. Members of the Alumni Relations Committee visit alumni and friends throughout the school year to help them retain strong connections to the University and to gain scholarship donations for deserving Baylor students. Realizing the rising cost of higher education, the Foundation is committed to helping fellow students meet their education expenses.
And now, their dedication to raise scholarships also benefits the President's Scholarship Initiative.
- In 44 years, 5,910 students have benefited from more than $4.9 million in Student Foundation scholarships.
- Student Foundation has raised a total of more than $2.5 million in endowed scholarship funds.
- The Foundation awarded $260,000 in scholarship funds to Baylor students at the 2013 Scholarship Banquet.
To contact a member of Alumni Relations, send us an email.
Student Foundation members are an integral part of the university's academic recruiting program. They represent Baylor at high school college nights and Baylor senior receptions throughout the school year.
- The committee represented Baylor at more than 40 college nights across the state of Texas in 2012-2013.
- The committee represented Baylor at 15 senior receptions across the nation in spring 2013.
- The Student Recruitment Committee served as hosts and tour guides for high school National Merit Finalists and also hosts prospective students for one-on-one lunches throughout the year.