2. Category: Miscellaneous
3. Work Begins: Fall
4. Position Title: CASPER Student Assistant
5. Pre-approved rate: $7.25/hr
6. Number of positions: 1
7. Hours Per Week Required: 20
8. Days and Times Required:
9. Position Description: This is a position in the Center for Astrophysics, Space Physics and Engineering Research at the BRIC.
Literature survey, poster design and preparation for NASA artifacts.
Poster design and preparation for CASPER information posters .
Slides & images preparation for slides shows for displays.
Running data on computer programs.
Create a database of Physics Circus posters.
Capture collected Physics Circus data into a FileMaker Pro program.
Assist with Research Data management – Check to see if the CASPER\'S server is up to date with the data that is in our logbooks and upload all data that has not yet been uploaded.
10. Skills Required: Prefer a student majoring in science or engineering. Will need strong computer skills and attention to detail. Preferred skills include database experience and FileMaker Pro.
11. Special Instructions: Please send cover letter, resume and names of three references to Sherri_Honza@baylor.edu.
We are flexible and will work around a class schedule between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Note that this position is at the BRIC, so candidate will need to provide transportation to and from facility.
12. Department or Grant Project Name: CASPER
13. Department or Grant Project Number: 0301524
14: Queue Number:
15. Address: 97310
16. Building Location: BRIC
17. Room Number: 3100
18. Contact Name: Sherri Honza
19. Contact Email Address: Sherri_Honza@baylor.edu
20. Phone: 254-710-3763
21. Fax: 254-710-7309