2. Category: Tutoring
3. Work Begins: Summer
4. Position Title: Learning Assistant
5. Pre-approved rate: $8-$10
6. Number of positions: A few
7. Hours Per Week Required: 5-20
8. Days and Times Required: Flexible
9. Position Description: Student Athlete Services is hiring Learning Assistants for Summer II.
10. Skills Required: Qualifications:
Ability to serve as an appropriate academic/personal role model for student-athletes.
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
Teaching/tutoring background preferred.
Strong letters of recommendation verifying potential tutoring ability in applicable subjects.
Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Provide learning assistance on a regularly scheduled basis to students assigned by Student-Athlete Services.
Be available to assist student-athletes throughout the semester and during Final Exam week.
Gather any and all information necessary to provide thorough instruction.
Create aids for sessions that may include sample tests, quizzes, or study guides.
Complete the needed documentation on a consistent basis.
Abide by all Athletic Study Hall policies.
Attend all Athletic Study Hall Staff Meetings (or make them up as necessary by meeting with a staff member in Student-Athlete Services).
Maintain academic integrity and abide by NCAA regulations in all tutoring sessions.
Develop and maintain strong rapport with Student-Athlete Services by communicating in-person and via Email regarding student-athletes' academic progress, tutoring procedures, and related issues.
11. Special Instructions: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application
12. Department or Grant Project Name: Student Athlete Services
13. Department or Grant Project Number: 025-2171
14: Queue Number:
16. Building Location:
17. Room Number:
18. Contact Name: Karly Brooks
19. Contact Email Address: email@example.com