2. Category: Tutoring
3. Work Begins: Spring
4. Position Title: Tutor
5. Pre-approved rate: $8-$10
6. Number of positions: Many
7. Hours Per Week Required: 5-20
8. Days and Times Required: Flexible
9. Position Description: Tutors needed for ACC 3304, ACC 3305, ACC 3310, CSI 3303, CSI 3344, CSI 3471, CSS 3314, CSS 4311, ECO 3355, EGR 4375, FCS 1391, FIN 4329, FIN 4366, HED 3317, HP 2304, HP 2420, HP 3320, HP 3346, HP 3382, HP 4368, HP 4369, HP 4372, HP 5372, ME 3321, ME 3345, MIS 3345, MIS 4342, MKT 3330, MTH 3318, PHI 3320, RLS 4396, SOC 4352, SWA many levels, SWO 3354
10. Skills Required: Qualifications:
Ability to serve as an appropriate academic/personal role model for student-athletes.
Completion of at least one fulltime Fall or Spring term at Baylor.
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
GPA of 3.0 or better in all courses interested in tutoring.
Strong letters of recommendation verifying potential tutoring ability in applicable subjects.
Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Provide tutoring on a regularly scheduled basis to students assigned by Student-Athlete Services.
Be available to tutor throughout the semester and during Final Exam week.
Gather any and all information necessary to provide thorough tutoring.
Create aids for tutor sessions that may include sample tests, quizzes, or study guides.
Complete the needed documentation on a consistent basis.
Abide by all Athletic Study Hall policies.
Attend all Athletic Study Hall Staff Trainings and Meetings (or make them up as necessary by meeting with a staff member in Student-Athlete Services).
Maintain academic integrity and abide by NCAA regulations in all tutoring sessions.
Develop and maintain strong rapport with Student-Athlete Services by communicating in-person and via Email regarding student-athletes' academic progress, tutoring procedures, and related issues.
11. Special Instructions: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
12. Department or Grant Project Name: Student Athlete Services
13. Department or Grant Project Number: 025-2171
14: Queue Number:
16. Building Location:
17. Room Number:
18. Contact Name: Jill Fischer
19. Contact Email Address: