2. Category: Tutoring
3. Work Begins: Summer
4. Position Title: Tutor
5. Pre-approved rate: $8-$10
6. Number of positions: 1 or 2
7. Hours Per Week Required: 5-20
8. Days and Times Required: Flexible
9. Position Description: Summer I tutors needed for ACC 2303, BL 3305, BUS 4385, FDM 2360, and FIN 3301.
10. Skills Required: Qualifications:
• Ability to serve as an appropriate academic/personal role model for student-athletes.
• Completion of at least one fulltime Fall or Spring term at Baylor.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
• GPA of 3.0 or better in all courses interested in tutoring.
• Strong letters of recommendation verifying potential tutoring ability in applicable subjects.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Provide tutoring on a regularly scheduled basis to students assigned by Student-Athlete Services.
• Be available to tutor throughout the semester and during Final Exam week.
• Gather any and all information necessary to provide thorough tutoring.
• Create aids for tutor sessions that may include sample tests, quizzes, or study guides.
• Complete the needed documentation on a consistent basis.
• Abide by all Athletic Study Hall policies.
• Attend all Athletic Study Hall Staff Trainings and Meetings
• Maintain academic integrity and abide by NCAA regulations in all tutoring sessions.
• Develop and maintain strong rapport with Student-Athlete Services by communicating in-person and via Email regarding student-athletes’ academic progress, tutoring procedures, and related issues.
11. Special Instructions: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application
12. Department or Grant Project Name: Student Athlete Services
13. Department or Grant Project Number: 025-2171
14: Queue Number:
16. Building Location:
17. Room Number:
18. Contact Name: Jill Fischer
19. Contact Email Address: