2. Category: Tutoring
3. Work Begins: Summer
4. Position Title: Tutor
5. Pre-approved rate: $8-$10
6. Number of positions: Many
7. Hours Per Week Required: 5-20
8. Days and Times Required: Flexible
9. Position Description: Student Athlete Services is hiring tutors for the Minimester, Summer 1, and Summer 2.
10. Skills Required: Qualifications: Ability to serve as an appropriate academic/personal role model for student-athletes; Completion of at least one fulltime Fall or Spring term at Baylor; Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better; GPA of 3.0 or better in all courses interested in tutoring; Strong letters of recommendation verifying potential tutoring ability in applicable subjects; Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Responsibilities: Provide tutoring on a regularly scheduled basis to students assigned by Student-Athlete Services; Be available to tutor throughout the semester and during Final Exam week; Gather any and all information necessary to provide thorough tutoring; Create aids for tutor sessions that may include sample tests, quizzes, or study guides; Complete the needed documentation on a consistent basis; Abide by all Athletic Study Hall policies; Attend all Athletic Study Hall Staff Trainings and Meetings; Maintain academic integrity and abide by NCAA regulations in all tutoring sessions; Develop and maintain strong rapport with Student-Athlete Services by communicating in-person and via Email regarding the academic progress of student-athletes, tutoring procedures, and related issues.
11. Special Instructions: Please email email@example.com for an application.
12. Department or Grant Project Name: Student Athlete Services
13. Department or Grant Project Number: 025-2171
14: Queue Number:
16. Building Location:
17. Room Number:
18. Contact Name: Jill Fischer
19. Contact Email Address: