Our aspirational statements for the future serve a purpose akin to the Psalmist's desire that God's word be a "lamp unto our feet and a light to our path." These aspirations illuminate a future filled with promise for promoting human flourishing and offering hope to the world.
Following the vision set forth by OUR NEW STRATEGIC PLAN and sustained by the generosity of alumni, parents and friends, Baylor will be a place...
- Where academic excellence and transformational educational experiences ignite leadership potential, increasing our students' desire for wisdom, understanding of calling, and preparation for service in an interconnected global society;
- Where research discoveries illuminate solutions to significant challenges confronting our world and where creative endeavors reflect the breadth of God's creation;
- Where our Christian faith inspires a desire to address systemic problems facing our community, both local and global;
- Where the dedication of alumni and friends fuels an enthusiasm that advances Baylor through continuing engagement and philanthropy;
- Where the value generated by and derived from a Baylor experience is supported through a diversity of revenues and judicious stewardship of our resources;
- Where commitment to excellence in all things cultivates a university community dedicated to improvement of self and service to others, to stewardship of our physical spaces, and to demonstrating outstanding quality and character in every area of university life.
Areas of Specification
The aspirational statements are followed by explanatory paragraphs and areas of specification, noted by bullets, that will provide focus for the next decade.
Click below to view the areas of specification for each of the aspirational statements.