Linda NjohHometown: Education:
- M.S., Statistical Science, Baylor University, Waco, TX
- B.S., Mathematics, Henderson State University, Arkadelphia, AR
- Graduate Assistant, Baylor University Department of Statistical Science, Waco, TX
- Clinical Trials
- Psychological Applications
There are at least four reasons why I decided to study statistics:
- Learn the rules and methods for dealing with statistical information;
- Evaluate and assess the importance of published statistical findings;
- Learn the aspects of statistical thinking as an important and essential component of a liberal arts education;
- Better understand the empirical world around me.
Statistics provides tools that everyone needs in order to react intelligently to information we hear or read. In this sense statistics is one of the most important fields that I will ever get into.Why Baylor?
Baylor's Ph.D. program in statistics perfectly suits my interests. The faculty includes experts in several divisions of statistics. I truly believe that a university which has the mission statement "to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community" is the place where I want to pursue my education, foster my spiritual maturity, strengthen my character and moral virtue, and, most of all, strive for professional excellence within my discipline.Unique Aspects: Faculty: Baylor Community: Surprises at Baylor: Recommend Program?