Undergraduate Scholarship Information
IMPORTANT: The SOE departmental scholarship application is only available in spring for the following academic year. A link to the online application will become available on the School of Education home page after spring classes begin and the application must be completed before spring break. Deadline of noon March 8, 2013, for the 2013-14 year has passed.
Thank you to all who applied for 2013-14. We will begin processing the applications and matching award funds with qualifying candidates. The process takes some time to complete. You will be notified by email if you receive a scholarship.
Information about the Scholarship
The School of Education (SOE) will award over $500,000 in departmental scholarships to undergraduate students for the next academic year. Unlike other assistance available from Baylor University's financial aid resources, these endowed scholarships are awarded solely by the School of Education.
The SOE awards three primary types of scholarships:
- Merit-based scholarships (approximately 23% of funds in 2012-13) are highly competitive and are awarded to students with demonstrated outstanding academic performance at Baylor.
- Need-based scholarships (about 15% of funds in 2012-13) are awarded to students with demonstrated financial need as determined by a current FAFSA form and other University data.
- Combination Merit/Need-based scholarships (about 62% of funds in 2012-13) are awarded to students with both high academic achievement at Baylor and financial need (as determined by a current FAFSA form and other University data).
Note: Some scholarship funds have other specific requirements established by the donors; e.g. departmental affiliation, specific degree program, classification, career path, etc. You can investigate these via the Departmental Scholarship Search web site.
Minimum Scholarship Requirements:
- Recipients must be enrolled in a degree program within the School of Education for at least the fall semester before the spring application window. Entering freshmen may apply if they have been accepted to the University for fall and plan to enroll in a degree program in the SOE. Failure to enroll in a SOE degree program will automatically forfeit SOE endowed scholarship funds.
- To be considered for any need-based or combination merit/need-based scholarship, a current FAFSA form must be on file with the University. (FAFSA forms and submission details are available at http://www.baylor.edu/sfs/index.php?id=70490.) Note: Some merit-only scholarships do not require submission of a FAFSA form.
- All SOE scholarships have minimum 2.6 GPA requirements.
- Applications for the following academic year become available after the beginning of classes in the spring semester. Students must complete this online School of Education Scholarship Application by the stated due date. Some scholarships require specific characteristics so the applicant must complete the entire form to be considered for all possible scholarships. All personal information is requested only for the purpose of matching scholarship criteria. Students will receive confirmation of their application submissions.
The School of Education Enrollment Management Committee reviews all applications. The University's financial aid office notifies scholarship recipients, who are expected to attend the Scholarship Donor/Recipient Reception in Fall 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact Rona McKinney by email (Rona_McKinney@baylor.edu).