Lifetime Fitness 1104-1199
"HP Activity Courses" to be replaced with "Lifetime Fitness (LF) Courses" beginning in June 2013.
Effective Summer 2013, the HP activity courses--lifetime fitness/sport/recreation activity labs--will carry the prefix LF, which stands for Lifetime Fitness.
The name change will appear in the 2013-2014 Undergraduate Catalog.
The change will serve to alleviate confusion regarding which courses in HHPR count toward meeting this University general degree plan requirement.
Do other courses count in HHPR for this basic requirement?
Other than HED 1145, courses in Health, Human Performance, or Recreation carrying the prefix HP, HED, and RLS may NOT be applied to the "activity" requirement.
Do I register for HP classes or LF classes?
Registration listings for Summer 2013 and Fall 2013 already reflect this change. Search for LF classes.
Does this change a student's degree plan requirement if she/her has already taken an activity HP?
Students simply continue to complete their original "HP Activity" degree plan requirement by now enrolling in LF classes. Degree audits will account for each earned credit hour, credit in progress, and credit remaining.
What are the courses now in Lifetime Fitness?
While the exact course offering may vary semester by semester, the courses that apply to the University's general activity lab requirement are as follows:
- LF 1104 Adaptive LF (Departmental approval required)
- LF 1106 Beginning Aerobics
- LF 1107 Intermediate Aerobics
- LF 1109 Swimmercize Aerobics
- LF 1111 Aerobic Running
- LF 1112 Backpacking and Camping
- LF 1114 Beginning Badminton
- LF 1115 Intermediate Badminton
- LF 1117 Beginning Ballet
- LF 1118 Intermediate Ballet
- LF 1119 Advanced Ballet (Departmental approval required)
- LF 1121 Beginning Bicycling
- LF 1122 Intermediate Bicycling
- LF 1123 Beginning Mountain Biking
- LF 1124 Beginning Bowling
- LF 1125 Intermediate Bowling
- LF 1128 Varsity Sports Conditioning I (Departmental approval required)
- LF 1129 Varsity Sports Conditioning II (Departmental approval required)
- LF 1130 Social Dance
- LF 1134 Fitness Theory and Practice
- LF 1138 Beginning Golf
- LF 1139 Intermediate Golf (Departmental approval required)
- LF 1140 Advanced Golf (Departmental approval required)
- LF 1147 Beginning Jazz Dance
- LF 1148 Intermediate Jazz Dance
- LF 1151 Beginning Karate
- LF 1152 Intermediate Karate
- LF 1153 Advanced Karate (Departmental approval required)
- LF 1156 Beginning Racquetball
- LF 1157 Intermediate Racquetball
- LF 1158 Paddle Sports
- LF 1159 Sailing and Canoeing
- LF 1160 Beginning Rock Climbing
- LF 1161 Intermediate Rock Climbing
- LF 1163 Beginning Self Defense
- LF 1168 Soccer
- LF 1169 Intermediate Self Defense
- LF 1170 Advanced Self Defense
- LF 1171 Softball
- LF 1175 Beginning Swimming
- LF 1176 Intermediate Swimming
- LF 1177 Advanced Swimming
- LF 1178 Lifeguard Training (Departmental approval required)
- LF 1179 Beginning Tai Chi
- LF 1181 Beginning Tennis
- LF 1182 Intermediate Tennis
- LF 1183 Advanced Tennis
- LF 1189 Volleyball
- LF 1192 Weight Control
- LF 1194 Beginning Weight Training
- LF 1195 Intermediate Weight Training
- LF 1197 Beginning Relaxation/Fitness
- LF 1198 Intermediate Relaxation/Fitness (Departmental approval required)
- LF 1199 Advanced Relaxation/Fitness (Departmental approval required)
NOTE: Lab Fees are required on the above LF 1104-1199.
The following course in HHPR may be substituted for one of the activities listed.
HED 1145 Health and Human Behavior