Minor in Secondary Education: Science
Completion of 24 semester hours.
- TED 2340 Teaching in Secondary Schools
- TED 3340 Teaching Associates Secondary: Part 1
- TED 3341 Teaching Associates Secondary: Part II
- TED 3387 Secondary Science Practicum I
- TED 3388 Secondary Science Practicum II
- TED 4325 Teaching Secondary Science
- TED 4690 Secondary School Student Teaching (CAF submitted)
Requirements for admission and retention in the minor.
Students will declare the minor through the advising office of the SOE. The SOE will advise for the courses in the minor but not for the math major.
Minimum grade point average for admission and retention:
Teacher Education, 2.6
Other requirements for recommendation for certification include:
Acceptable scores on the Texas Examination of Educators Standards (TExES) for both the teaching area (Math) and Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities.