The Field Education faculty is comprised of approved Field Instructors and Task Supervisors. These important people supervise student interns in various internships and situations. They give of their time and their knowledge and without them, Field Education would not be possible.
Once the Field Education office receives a completed Field Instructor Information Sheet or Task Supervisor Information Sheet, the approval process for new supervisors begins.
All Field faculty that have been entered as auxiliary personnel are issued Baylor Faculty Identification Cards. These cards entitle Field Instructors and Task Supervisors to the following*:
*Denotes benefits available during semesters when an intern is placed with the Field Instructor or Task Supervisor or the Field Instructor or Task Supervisor is otherwise actively providing service to the School of Social Work.
- Identification as Baylor University Field faculty, including Bear ID and Baylor email
- Annual Field Orientation and in-service workshops for all Field faculty, including Field Instructors and Task Supervisors, related to social work and student/educational issues
- Half-price early registration discount on all School of Social Work continuing education opportunities
- Free continuing education hours at Baylor School of Social Work events
- Individual Field consultation from faculty assigned as liaisons to the agency
- Use of School of Social Work instructional materials, including books, journals, and video tapes
- Use of Baylor University library facilities
- Discount at the University Bookstore (10%)
- Discount to educational, cultural and sports activities as specified by the University (sporting events include season ticket discount for football games and entrance to other sports)
- Subscription to the School of Social Work bi-annual newsletter
- Access to audit graduate program elective courses as space is available