Apply to GML
Steps to Apply to the Global Mission Leadership Scholarship Program (GML):
- GML receives applications and awards scholarships every two years. Our next cohort will begin in August of 2017.
- Apply to Diana R. Garland School of Social Work. You are applying as a 2-year MSW student. If you have questions about your MSW application call (001) 254-710-7853 or email MSW_Admissions@baylor.edu. You must fully complete your MSW application by November 15th, 2016.
- Apply for Global Mission Leadership. The following pieces of the 2017 cohort application portfolio will be available online beginning in April of 2016. The GML application portfolio includes the following items:
- Student Application (Form I-App): In this online form, you will provide general information about yourself as well as your educational and ministry background, etc.
- Procedures and Requirements (Form I-P&R): This document explains requirements and procedures to apply for the Global Mission Leadership Scholarship.
- Educational Goals and Call to Service (Form I-G&C): While every piece of your application is necessary, it is very important to us to know more about who you are, your personal goals, and your calling to service. Please thoughtfully consider your responses to these questions.
- Statement of Intent to Serve in the Country of Concern (Form I-In)
- Supervisor Reference (Form I-SR): Please ask the director or supervisor in your organization to complete this form and return it to the GML Office.
- Pastoral Reference (Form I-PR): Please ask a pastor in your local congregation to complete this form and return it to the GML Office.
- Academic Writing Sample (see Form I-P&R for details)
- Alternative MSW Programs Report (see form Form I-P&R for details)
Please contact GlobalMissionLeader@baylor.edu
if you are unable to download any of the above documents. The GML scholarship award varies each year due to available funding and is based on merit and financial need. GML applicants should consider alternative options for funding the educational and living expenditures related to their MSW education through sponsorship, outside scholarship, or personal resources. Students who are accepted into GML may or may not receive a GML Scholarship award. Please visit Baylor Financial Aid
for more information.