Trauma Response Initiative
The objectives of the trauma initiative include:
• Provide leadership in the preparation of practitioners to work with trauma, crisis, and mental health both domestically and globally
• Provide leadership in EMDRIA for practice preparation and research in the effectiveness of EMDR
• Provide leadership in other cutting edge practices in the area of trauma response.
Students can participate in the following ways:
• Disaster/Crisis Elective with Dr. Jim Ellor
• EMDR Elective with Dr. David Pooler
• Trauma, Loss and Mourning Elective with Dr. Helen Harris
• Specializations focused on trauma, attachment, disaster/crisis response, etc.
• EMDR training with Rick Levinson
• Research into effectiveness of EMDR
• EMDR in international work (GML)