Consider Giving to the Campaign for Excellence
Make the greatest impact, together
Because of you, the Campaign for Excellence is a success! Our Baylor family has risen to our call ... so let's see how far you can carry us! It is not too late to be part of this wonderful campaign!
The Baylor School of Social Work (SSW) depends on gifts from friends and alumni to be able to do the work we do. Gifts to the Baylor SSW Excellence Fund enable us to meet our budget each year and do "extra" events and projects. We use these funds to help us:
• recruit the very best faculty and help them with moving expenses;
• host events and special speakers so that our students can meet the nation's leaders in our field;
• buy needed equipment;
• publish materials to educate others about social work and Baylor;
• send faculty to workshops and conferences to keep them educated on the most recent research and practices in their field;
• provide start-up costs for faculty research;
• host conferences and workshops for faculty, staff, students and community members; and
• start new programs and initiatives - like our online continuing education program for alumni.
We see all of this as vital to the functioning of the school and to the growth and development of our students, faculty, and alumni. In 2014, we need to raise at least $150,000 in gifts to be able to meet the continued needs of our school.
Will you help us?
You can write a check, make a monthly pledge or use your credit card online * HERE *. If you'd like to give via mail, please make checks payable to Baylor University and mail them to this address:
Baylor School of Social Work
One Bear Place #97320
Waco, Texas 76798
When giving, please indicate the Social Work Excellence Fund as the designated fund.
Recognition of gifts will be determined based on the levels listed below. These opportunities have been designed to more closely connect you to the SSW, and each level includes those of the previous levels, as well:
• Up to $99 - Acknowledged in Community Connection
•$100 or more - Named as a sponsor of the exhibit of national flags of our global students in the SSW Living Room, celebrating the global reach of this school.
• $1000 or more - Invited to dinner and the School of Music's Christmas at Baylor concert with the dean for Christmas 2014
•$5000 or more - Invited to dinner and a men's or women's basketball game with the dean during the 2014-15 season.
•$10,000 or more - Included in the Friends of the School Wall Art in the Baylor School of Social Work. Invited to join the dean for a skybox dinner and Baylor football game in the new McLane Stadium during the 2014-15 season.
THREE challenges have been issued:
• $10,000 Challenge from Darla Bailey to Carver School and WMU Training School Alumni;
• $10,000 Challenge from Dr. Gaynor Yancey to Baylor SSW faculty and staff; and
• $10,000 Challenge from Dean Garland to Baylor SSW alumni.
We hope you will take time to prayerfully consider giving to the Campaign for Excellence.