Download Pre Camp Letter: 2014 Pre-Camp Letter
Baylor Soccer Camp
Check-in, July 22:
Where: All campers (residential and commuter) will check-in at Collins Dorm on 8th St.
When: We will begin at 4:30pm and close at 6:00pm. (please eat prior to sign-in, as dinner is not provided the first night –please see schedule below). If you need to coordinate an early or late check-in due to travel plans, please notify us via the email address below.
Directions To Collins Hall
What to Bring:
· Soccer Clothes for 11 total sessions.
· Soccer Cleats
· One (1) pair of Flat soled shoes (ex.: tennis shoes, indoor soccer shoes).
· Shin Guards
· Small bag or shoe bag
· Water container (water and cups provided at every session)
· Sun Block
· Bed linens (Twin beds) and towels for showers
Computers and Electronics:
· University and camp staff will not be responsible for any lost or stolen property.
· Cell phones are permitted at camp but must be turned off during all sessions.
· Game systems are not recommended.
· Small coolers are acceptable.
· Rooms are NOT equipped with a micro-fridge but you are welcome to bring one.
· The camp fee includes all the meals that the players will eat during the week. However, many players like to order pizza as a snack after the evening session or utilize the vending machines and camp store. Please make certain that campers are provided for appropriately.
· Pizzas are available each night (including Tuesday) for $10 each and are provided after the night session.
· If you did not purchase a camp ball on-line you can purchase one at sign-in for $25 if they are still available.
· Camp t-shirts are included in the camp fees. Additional shirts can be purchased at check-in if they are still available for $10.
Camp Store and Camp Bank:
· This year we will be running a camp store in response to campers wanting access to better snacks during recovery/rest time.
· The store will have drinks and snacks, that will help refuel, as-well-as some limited candy options.
· At check-in you can create a camp bank account for your child. Each time your child purchases something from the store, we will deduct the amount purchased from the account. At the end of camp any balance remaining that exceeds $10 in the account will be refunded.
· Pizza can be bought with this account as well.
Meals and Lodging:
· Breakfast on Wednesday is the first meal provided (residential campers) so please make plans to eat prior to arrival on Tuesday evening.
· Breakfast on Saturday will be the final meal of the camp (residential campers).
· Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will be provided Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for all Residential Campers. Commuting Campers will not be provided with Breakfast, but will receive Lunch and Dinner Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
· Campers will be staying in Collins Hall and dining at Memorial.
· Families are welcome to attend any and all sessions. All sessions will be held at the Baylor Recreational Sports Fields located on LaSalle Avenue across the street from the Ferrell Center. Campus Map: http://www.baylor.edu/map/index.php
· Parking is available at this facility. If it is full, please park across the street by the Ferrell Center and please use caution while crossing LaSalle.
· Some sessions may be held at Betty Lou Mays Field. Listed as “Betty Lou Mays Soccer Field” on the same map.
Airport Shuttle Service:
· From DFW or Love Field, contact the Waco Streak www.waco-streak.com, (254) 772-0430. Estimated cost: $150 round trip.
· From Waco Airport: a bus pick-up is available from us. If you need a pick-up, please let us know. There will be a return on Saturday as well.
· Car service to any airport; GTS, LLC - Preston Granger. 254-493-2909
· Please email us at the email below to schedule a pick-up from the Waco Airport.
Camp Contact Information:
Paul Jobson 254-652-8823 email@example.com
Link to Baylor Campus Map: http://www.baylor.edu/map/
Lodging: Collins Residence Hall
Dining: Memorial (RFoC)
Soccer Sessions: Baylor Recreational Sports Fields & Betty Lou Mays Soccer Field
**Parents are welcome to attend any session and encouraged to attend the final games on Saturday and the closing ceremonies.
Copyright © Baylor® University. All rights reserved. Legal Disclosures.
Baylor University Waco, Texas 76798 1-800-229-5678