What is Verification?
Verification is a comparison of 2013-2014 FAFSA information with 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcripts(s) and other external documentation.
Do I have to complete the verification process?
Yes, if you are interested in receiving federal, state, and some types of university aid.
No, if you do not want to receive these types of aid. Contact Student Financial Aid to let us know if you do not plan to complete verification.
What do I need in order to complete verification?
If you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Match process you may be required to submit:
- 2012 Student (Spouse) IRS Tax Return Transcript(s)
- 2012 Parent(s) IRS Tax Return Transcript(s)
You may be required to send in signed statements regarding:
- Household size
- Number of students in your family who are attending college
- Child support paid
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Wage Information
- W2's if not a tax filer
- High school certification
- Government issued photo identification and Statement of Educational Purpose
Is there a deadline for turning in my verification documents?
Yes, the deadlines for receipt of your verification documents and all tax return transcripts are shown below.
- Summer 2013 - July 29, 2013 – you must use 1213 verification instructions
- Fall and Spring - April 21, 2014
- Fall only - November 18, 2013
- Spring only - April 21, 2014
- Summer 2014 – deadline to be determined – you must use the 1314 verification instructions
What is a common delay when completing the process?
Parent and student signatures missing from requested statements.
Why can't you find the documents I sent?
You did not put the student's name and ID on the document. If you have chosen not to use the IRS Data Match process, be sure to list the student's name and Baylor ID on your tax return transcript(s) so we can match the parent documents to the correct student.
How will I know when verification is complete?
You will receive either a revised or original award notification within 2 weeks after we have reviewed all required documents. If additional information is needed you will receive a tracking requirement letter. We are not able to continue processing your financial aid file until we receive this information.
When can I get my money?
Your financial aid will be ready to disburse once our office receives a valid verified FAFSA. Expect additional delays if you submit an SCDOC. Disbursement occurs no earlier than 10 days before the first class day of the term.
Whom should I contact if I have questions?
Student Financial Aid
1-800-BAYLOR-U, Option 8, Option 2
Local Number: 254-710-2611