Student Financial Services
Baylor > Student Financial Services > Student Account > Cancellation/Withdrawal
Cancellation & Withdrawal Policies

Law Cancellation & Withdrawal Policies

Add/Drop Classes Policies


Cancellations occur when a student decides not to attend classes for a semester prior to the first day of classes for that semester. A student's schedule cannot be cancelled on or after the first class day. Cancellations and related refund requests must be in writing, addressed to the Cashier's Office, One Bear Place #97048, Waco, TX, 76798-7048, or by email to and made prior to the first day of classes for the semester. For cancellations, all tuition, fees, and meal plans will be refunded at 100%. If a student has a housing assignment on campus, Campus Living and Learning will determine the refund and any related fees. The student must contact CLL at 254-710-3642 to inform that office that they will not attend. Additional contact information is available online. Financial aid for the term is cancelled and returned to the programs.


Beginning the first class day of a semester, students who are financially settled must schedule an exit interview with a representative of the Paul L. Foster Success Center (PLFSC) in order to withdraw from the University. For a nursing student on the Dallas campus to withdraw from the University during a semester, the student must secure clearance from the Associate Dean prior to scheduling an exit interview.

The mandatory exit interview can be scheduled in person, by phone, or by email. Go to for the contact information and steps to complete the withdrawal process. Any other procedure will lead to failure in all courses for which the student is registered. Under no circumstance does notification to professors or dropping classes constitute an official University Withdrawal.

The effective University Withdrawal date is established by the date on which a student schedules an exit interview with the Paul L. Foster Success Center. The date the appointment is scheduled may be different than the actual date of the interview.

Students receiving scholarships or other financial aid should contact a financial aid counselor to discuss the financial implications of a University Withdrawal.

If the student fails to schedule an exit interview with the PLFSC and simply stops attending, then tuition, fees, meal plans and other applicable charges will not be adjusted on the student's account. Financial aid credits, however, may be reversed as required by federal regulations.

Under no circumstances does notification to professors or dropping classes constitute an official withdrawal from the University.

Refunds are applied to any outstanding balance owed the University. Any remaining credit will either be sent by direct deposit (if bank account is designated in BearWeb) or mailed to the student at his/her home address listed in BearWeb.

Refunds of tuition and required fees, General Student Fee, Chapel Fee, Course or Lab Fee, Administrative Fee and Applied Music Fee, are based on the official withdrawal date and are pro-rated on a per diem scale based on the total calendar days in that payment period up to the date that represents 60 percent of the payment period. A payment period is defined as the total number of calendar days in the semester or term (published first day of class through the published last day of finals) excluding the five calendar day Thanksgiving break and the nine calendar day spring break. There are no refunds after the 60 percent point of the payment period. Unless specifically noted, other fees are considered non-refundable. For a calendar schedule of refund percentages, please refer to the following withdrawal schedule pages:

Unused Dining Dollars are refunded.

Meal plan refunds are calculated pro rata based on the official withdrawal date. An administrative charge equal to one week of the meal charge for the student's respective meal plan will be assessed.

Financial aid recipients are not eligible for a refund until all of the financial aid programs are reimbursed in accordance with federal, state, and University guidelines. To obtain information about the return of financial aid funds, contact the Student Financial Aid Office. This department can be reached by calling 254-710-2611. Additional contact information is available online.

Students residing in campus housing, must contact the Office of Campus Living & Learning to obtain information about any applicable housing adjustments and penalties. This department can be reached by calling 254-710-3642. Additional contact information is available online. Students must follow the proper check-out procedure outlined in the Guide to Community Living and must vacate their campus housing within 48 hours of the official university withdrawal date.

Dropping a class or classes is not considered a withdrawal. The term withdrawal refers to dropping all classes after financial settlement and leaving the University for that term. Students cannot drop all of their classes online beginning on the first class day of the term.