Verification is a process that compares specific information reported on the FAFSA with student/parent IRS Tax Return Transcripts and other specific information requested by our office.
Please note: prospective students who are selected for verification will receive estimated financial aid awards. You will receive a revised award notification if the estimated awards change as a result of the verification process. Awards will not apply toward your semester charges until the verification process is complete.
If you have been selected for verification and you do not want to receive federal, state and some types of university aid, you are not required to complete the verification process.
- Please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not plan to complete the Verification process.
1. You will receive notification from our office providing you with detailed instructions. This will include required documentation, as well as a link to the required items.
2. Submit requested Forms/Documents and other required information to our office.
3. Once you have provided all required documentation to our office, it will take 10-14 business days for you to receive an award notification with your finalized awards.
4. You must complete verification no later than June 1st to ensure your aid is available to apply to your fall semester charges.
- Missing signatures on requested forms and documents
- Forms not filled out completely
- Student name and ID not provided on all forms and documents
- Changing your IRS Tax Return Information after using the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT)
- Correct your 2014-2015 FAFSA by using the IRS Data Retrieval process or
- Submit your IRS tax return transcript(s) to our office
If you have been notified to complete Verification for fall 2014, spring 2015 and/or summer 2015
- Fall/Spring 2014 Deadline to Submit – April 21, 2015
- Fall Only 2014 Deadline to Submit – November 18, 2014
- Spring Only 2015 Deadline to Submit – April 21, 2015
- Summer 2015 Deadline to Submit – to be determined
The following information will help you better understand verification and explain how to complete this process.
Please make note: prospective students receive an estimated financial aid package. Once you complete verification, your estimated awards may need to be revised. See "Frequently Asked Questions" for additional information regarding finalized awards, verification deadlines and more.
Each student selected for verification will receive notification from our office regarding the specific documentation required to complete the process. Please do not submit any documentation to our office unless specifically directed to do so.