Scholarships for Spring 2015
Student Financial Services (SFS) is offering a NEW scholarship opportunity for current students:
Financial Foundationsis a new financial education program sponsored by Student Financial Services and designed to help students understand personal money mangagement. The program offers individual appointments with the coordinator as well as workshops on important financial topics such as:
- Student Loans: Learn about the different options available and what you can do today to start managing the loans you may currently have
- Budgets: Learn about different budgeting tools to help you set up and manage a personal budget
- Sources for College Funding: Discuss how to apply for financial aid and jobs to help you pay for college
- Credit Cards and Identity Theft: Learn about credit and how to avoid identify theft
*UPDATE 11/14/2014*Two more "Understanding Student Loans" workshops have been added!
Space is limited to 24 students for each workshop so RSVP to Financial_Foundations@baylor.edu
Check our calendar for date, time and location of the workshops.
Individual appointments with the coordinator consist of helping the student prepare a personalized budget as well as answering basic financial questions. To contact the coordinator, Dianne Rincón, please send an email to Financial_Foundations@Baylor.edu.
Student Loan Repayment SeminarsGraduating, have Student Loans, and don’t know what to do next? You will learn answers to your questions about the status of your student loans after you graduate. We can help you get started by informing you how to handle your student loans going forward and to get you off on the right path to your financial success. Check back at the beginning of Spring 2015 for an updated list of seminars.
*NEW* Financial Foundations Scholarship for Spring 2015Financial Foundations is pleased to announce a $500 scholarship for current Baylor undergraduate students for use in the Spring 2015 semester. Requirements include:
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Be a currently enrolled, full-time undergraduate Baylor student planning on enrolling for Spring 2015 at Baylor as the same
- Attend at least (1) Financial Foundations workshop during the Fall 2014 semester
- Sign up for a free CashCourse student account and complete a budget for the semester using the CashCourse budget tool
- Complete the Financial Foundations Scholarship form, which includes writing a 500 word reflection essay
- Submit the saved completed application and essay by December 1, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. via email to Financial_Foundations@Baylor.edu
Please refer any questions to Financial Foundations or our office at (254) 710-3109.
We have partnered with this online resource to provide sudents with personal finance tools to help manage their money. Sign up for a free account at our Baylor CashCourse page today!
Finish In Four -- Graduation Success Resources
How to Graduate in Four Years
This video series, hosted by Dr. Blaine McCormick, Associate Professor - Management & Entrepreneurship in the Hankamer School of Business, is designed to provide food for thought when planning for your college experience.