We are excited to announce a $150 scholarship opportunity! Please see the details underneath the Financial Foundations Scholarship section to find out how to apply.
Also, make sure you check our blog to read some very helpful posts.
Financial Foundations is a new financial education program sponsored by Student Financial Services and it is designed to help students understand personal money management. The program offers individual appointments with the coordinator as well as workshops on important financial topics such as:
- Student Loans: Learn about the different options available and what you can do today to start managing the loans you may currently have
- Creating a Personal Budget: Learn about different budgeting tools to help you set up and manage a personal budget so you can balance your income and expenses
- Sources for College Funding: Discuss how to apply for financial aid and jobs to help you pay for college
- Credit Cards and Identity Theft: Learn about credit and how to avoid identify theft
Check our calendar for date, time and location of the workshops. Fall 2015 dates will be posted at the beginning of the semester.
Individual appointments with the coordinator consist of helping the student prepare a personalized budget as well as answering basic financial questions. To contact the coordinator, Rachel Gillespie, please send an email to Financial_Foundations@Baylor.edu.
Student Loan Repayment SeminarsGraduating, have student loans, and don’t know what to do next? Attend one of our upcoming loan repayment seminars, presented by Carol Moyer, Loan Collections Manager, and you will learn how to handle your student loans going forward by starting on the right path.
We have partnered with this online resource to provide sudents with personal finance tools to help manage their money. Sign up for a free account at our Baylor CashCourse page today!
Financial Foundations ScholarshipFinancial Foundations is pleased to announce a $150 scholarship opportunity for current Fall 2015 Baylor undergraduate students for use in the Spring 2016 semester. Requirements include:
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Be a currently enrolled, full-time undergraduate Baylor student planning on enrolling for Spring 2016 at Baylor as the same
- Sign up for a free CashCourse student account
- Complete the Scavenger Hunt, making sure you respond to ALL the questions fully and correctly-- Only (1) entry per student allowed.
- Submit responses to the Scavenger Hunt by October 30, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. CST via email to Financial_Foundations@Baylor.edu--No late entries will be accepted. In your email, make sure to include your full name and Baylor ID number.
Please refer any questions to Financial Foundations or our office at (254) 710-3109.
Finish In Four -- Graduation Success Resources
How to Graduate in Four Years
This video series, hosted by Dr. Blaine McCormick, Associate Professor - Management & Entrepreneurship in the Hankamer School of Business, is designed to provide food for thought when planning for your college experience.