- NIH Office of Animal Laboratory Welfare - Comprehensive website contains News Flashes and Archives, Policies and Laws Guidance, General Information, List of Institutions holding Animal Welfare Assurances, list of useful Links.
- NIH Office of Animal Laboratory Welfare Tutorial - A tutorial for new animal care and use committee members, institutional administrators, investigators, animal care personnel, veterinarians, or others who are interested in learning about the PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
- USDA Animal Welfare Home Page - Animal Welfare's Mission is to provide leadership in establishing acceptable standards of humane animal care and treatment and to monitor and achieve compliance with the Animal Welfare Act through inspections, education, and cooperative efforts.
- Animal Welfare Information Center - Division of the USDA National Agricultural Library, providing information for improved animal care and use in research, teaching, and testing.
- CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative) - The CITI Program is a subscription service providing research ethics education to all members of the research community. To participate fully, learners must be affiliated with a CITI participating organization.
- The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) - AALAS advances responsible care and use of laboratory animals to benefit people and animals.
- Institute for Laboratory Animal Research - The Institute for Laboratory Animal Research (ILAR) prepares authoritative reports on subjects of importance to the animal care and use community serves as a clearinghouse for information about animal resources develops and makes available scientific and technical information on laboratory animals and other biological research resources to the scientific community, institutional animal care and use committees (IACUCs), the federal government, science educators and students, and the public.
- Scientists Center for Animal Welfare - SCAW's ongoing activities include providing information about, for example, regulations and guidelines, ethical issues, performance standards, protocol review, facility design, the relationship between people and animals in a research setting, and alternative research methods. SCAW organizes and conducts conferences and seminars that explore scientific and ethical matters related to research activities and animal well-being - these meetings are sponsored by SCAW and also in cooperation with other national and regional organizations. SCAW also provides educational information and materials to teachers and students on all levels who are exploring these issues. SCAW's publications are widely accepted.
- Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R) - PRIM&R has been committed to the advancement of strong research programs and to the consistent application of ethical precepts in both medicine and research. Through national conferences and published reports, it has addressed a broad range of issues in research, clinical practice, ethics, and the law.