Student registers for classes
- Be sure all your courses fall within your degree plan. (You can view your degree audit in BearWeb.)
Student submits Request for Certification Form to VA Coordinator
- As soon as you are registered for all your classes and finalized your schedule (not going to change classes), submit your Request for Certification Form.
VA Coordinator submits certification to the VA
- Length of processing time varies for each student.
Student Financial Aid Office updates student's financial aid award package
- If your eligibility percentage is 100%, then your need-based scholarships will be cancelled.
- If you are in the Yellow Ribbon Program, then your need-based scholarships will be cancelled. Your merit based scholarship will applied as part of Baylor University's Yellow Ribbon payment.
Cashier's Office verifies tuition & fees and memo's the anticipated VA payment on the student account
- A memo will not be set up until the VA Coordinator has received your Certificate of Eligibility that shows you have entitlement remaining. Only the tuition and fee payments from the VA that are sent directly to Baylor to pay on your student account will be memo'd as anticipated aid to reduce your amount due on your bill until the payment is received.
VA processes the certification and sends tuition and fees payment to Baylor
- The books and supplies stipend will be issued from the VA at the same time as the tuition and fees payment.
- The VA processing can take up to six weeks.
VA payment is received and posted by the Cashier's Office
- Monitor your current account activity in the E-Bill site to see when your payment is posted.
- To view the refund procedure click here.
If a student changes their class schedule after certification has been submitted to the VA, the student must notify the VA Coordinator to determine if another certification must be submitted to the VA. NOTE: This could create a debt that the student will owe to the VA, please read our Effects of Schedule Changes (Debt Information) page.