VA Education Benefits Information
The Office of the Registrar, Veteran Services division, is ready to assist active duty service members, veterans, and their eligible dependents and spouses in obtaining their educational benefits and act as a liaison to the regional VA office to process enrollment certifications.
The information on this webpage is for Baylor University students only.
A student must be admitted to the University and registered for courses in a degree-seeking program in order to be certified for veterans educational benefits.
Click on a link below to view the application process.
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty
For individuals who entered the military on or after July 1, 1985, had their basic military pay reduced by $100.00 per month for the first 12 months and have an honorable discharge.
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
Provides training and rehabilitation for veterans with a service-connected disability with a rating of at least 20%.
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
For individuals who served 90 aggregate days of active duty service on or after 09/11/01 and have an honorable discharge. Starting in 2009 active duty service members may be eligible to transfer their Post 9/11 GI Bill entitlement to dependents and/or spouses. Under the Post 9/11 GI Bill students may be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- John Fry Scholarship - Public Law 111-32, the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship, amends the Post-9/11 GI Bill (chapter 33) to include the children of service members who die in the line of duty after Sept. 10, 2001.
- Chapter 35 Survivors/Dependents Education Assistance
For dependents of a veteran who is 100% disabled or who has died from a service related injury or illness. A dependent may be a child under 26 or a surviving spouse.
- Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill for Selective Reserves
For persons who have enlisted, reenlisted or extended an enlistment in the Selective Reserve on or after July 1, 1985 and served for a period of not less than 6 years following the date of such action.
- Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program
For the Reservist called to active duty to support contingency or other specific operations.
- Hinson-Hazelwood Act - Baylor University is not a public institution and therefore is not eligible for participation in this Texas program. For more information about the Hazelwood Act please visit http://www.tvc.texas.gov/Hazlewood-Act.aspx.